The goal of this site is to find as many kinds of mac n' cheese as possible and try them so you don't have to! Stove-top, frozen, quick prepare (just add water), home made and anything served in a restaurant are all fair game! If it's name has macaroni n' cheese in it, I'm trying it.

My hope is that this blog will help you discover new varieties to try (and to avoid) or that killer home made recipe that is worth the work to make yourself.

When I'm not collecting video games, I'm eatin' mac n' cheese. Thanks for following me on this journey as I see what it takes to make me bleed cheese.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Get In Mah Belly!

I have been fielding a number of questions and comments regarding my health and the any effects on it thanks to the large number of mac n' cheese meals that I've been eating these last two months.  I felt it best that I try to dispel some of the concern and let everyone know health wise what I'm doing to prevent myself from ending up the next tragic Yahoo! News story about fat gluttonous Americans who can't stop eating the cheese (but the blog's traffic would be amazing for a week and I'd get a few bucks for the family if I had ads turned on for the blog). 

I'd like some cheezy poofs and some mac n' cheese mom! (Image lifted from SouthPark Wiki)


First off, I am paying attention to my daily intake of carbs/fat/salt and everything else these meals erm... provide me.  If the meal contains more than one serving, I stop at one serving.  Tasty or not.  These meals that have multiple servings don't get saved and extras/leftovers are tossed.  Not only will they not reheat (a second time) well, that's not the point of the blog.  I'm reviewing mac n' cheese and having reviewed something like thirty kinds (as of 7-11-12) sinec I started writing last month. There really appears to be no end in sight so giving myself additional days with the same meals I've already reviewed is just silly. 

More importantly, if the meal is bad (which many of these have been especially the frozen ones) I stop eating it.  That doesn't mean that I force myself halfway through it before I toss it.  I. Just. Stop.  Amy's rice noodles?  I stopped at 1/4 of the tray, just hoping it would get better.  Amy's dairy free cheeze made it 3 bites.  The Chef Boyardee cup? 1 bite.  I have finished far fewer meals than I have had even made it half way through.  I don't go and make something else afterwords either.  I may partake in an office provided snack (more on that below) a while later if I get hungry and I'm still at work, but I'm not making another meal until it's time for Dinner (or the next day's Breakfast).  

Additionally I've been making sure that I am enjoying the healthy fruit my office provides (heck, I buy the fruit for the office every week, I darn well should be enjoying it) and I get out nightly for a good 30 minute to an hour walk. After visting Homeroom on Sunday, we were out walking for almost two hours, not to burn off the mac n' cheese (though it was an added bonus) but because we know that we should be more active.

I don't pretend to be an incredibly healthy person.  My hobby is collecting (and playing) video games.  That tends to have me on my duff when I'm playing them.  Heck a personal favorite shirt of mine has pictures of cute fruits and veggies and the phrase 'Eat More Meat' under it, but I am taking what I'm eating into consideration every day and do regulate my intake of mac n' cheese.  Besides, once i hit the stovetop varieties, I'm only going to make those once or twice a week and if they suck, they'll get a few bites so I can properly review them, and the rest will be enjoyed by the garbage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment